What will you make by selling your gently used childrens, maternity and teen items with us? You will earn 70% (minus the $10.00 consigners fee which is subtracted from your portion of the check so you do not have to pay it prior to the event) of the selling price of your items that sold!
- Register to sell as soon as we open for appointment requests! (click here if you haven't already)
- Wait for your conformation e-mail. You must be a confirmed seller with a confirmed four-digit numeric code in order to sell with us. In general, your seller code will be the last 4 digits of your phone number, but if that code is already taken you will be assigned an alternative number. For example, if your phone is 777-555-1234, your seller code will probably be 1234. If you are a new seller, you must wait for Kidsignments to assign you a code and your four-digit seller number will be listed in your confirmation email.
- Generate your tags. The tags will be used to identify your items at our sale. Tags are either pinned to or taped to items depending on what the items are. You can generate your tags by clicking here. For a complete guide on how to tag, click here to go directly to "Tagging 101" which includes pictures and descriptions of how to tag your items. You must only use the original, Kidsignments barcoded tags found on our site. You can print the tags directly from your home printer but the tags MUST BE PRINTED ON CARDSTOCK PAPER ( either 65lb or 110lb weight). DO NOT use regular copy paper as it is far too flimsy and will not last during the sale. Please make sure the barcode is not 'blurred' and the tag is clear and easy to read or your tags will not scan. The tags print 8 to a page. Also, do not alter the printed tags in any way as the prices are depicted in the barcodes and must match up! Make sure to print extra tags! You will probably find more things to put in the sale than you expect! We prefer that you use white tags since they scan the best. If you wish to use another color for your tags please make sure they are light in color to help to ensure they scan. Please only use one color for all your tags.
IMPORTANT - Tags with NR must have the NR preprinted on the tag using the NR option when printing the templates - NOT HANDWRITTEN!
IMPORTANT - Tags that are secured with masking tape must be created with the 'tape tag' template so they can be cut off at checkout.
Tag Term Mini Dictionary:
Tape Tags: Tags that you use masking 'tape' to secure the tag to your items. Generally items with a hard, solid surface. Tape is placed at the top and botton of the tag so it can be cut off at checkout when the item is purchased
Pin Tags: Tags that you use a safety pin to secure the tag to your items. Soft items such as clothing have Pin Tags used to secure the tag to the items.
Single Bar Coded Tag: Tag that only has your seller code barcoded on it.
Double Bar Coded Tag: Tags that we LOVE that have both your seller code AND the price barcoded on it.
NR: Means "Not Reduced" or "No Reduction" when you use this option on your tag and create tags with the NR immediately following the price on the tag
Paper Tags: A big no-no to use. Paper tags are tags that are created with regular paper and do not stand up to vigorous shopping. The fold, curl, tear and easily come off during shopping.
Card Stock: Heavy weight paper (at least 67lb or stronger (the higher the number, the heavier the paper).
- Sort your clothing by gender and size. This not only helps to expedite the check-in process, but will help you significantly when it comes time for you to put your items out on the sales floor. With 1,500 sellers, we need as much help as we can get in order to make sure everyone is checked in a timely fashion. Here’s a tip from Jeri Lyyn: When you are going through your items to sell, make a $1.00 stack, and $2.00 stack, a $3.00 stack and so on, then go through each item, hang it on a hanger and add it to the stack that coincides with the price you intend to use. You will then be able to quickly price each item since they are all sorted by price. Then, sort by size and gender and you are done! You must have at least 25 items accepted in order to attend the preview event so make sure to screen your items well. Please make sure to only use sizes we have racks for by checking our Size List.
- Double check your items. All items must be in consignment condition. We do not accept anything with holes, stains, excessive wear, or any item that looks dated. We also can’t accept any items that have a heavy smoke smell or those that have been around mothballs since both can severely aggravate allergies of shoppers and their children. Please bring only clean, gently used items for the sale. Check all of your items and make sure 1) it has not been recalled by checking the CPSC website and 2) that any baby equipment item is not older than five (5) years in age. You would be surprised by how many items get recalled. The site is not limited to children's items, in fact, the first time I checked it I discovered the very desk I was typing on had just been recalled! And yes, even clothing can sometimes be recalled! You must check all your items for assurance that they have not been recalled – it’s not just our rule, it’s the law. The majority of sellers reading this would never dream of putting in something into our sale or hiding a problem with an item but, for the one or two that might consider this, stop and consider: ****YOUR CODE IS ON YOUR ITEM - IF WE FIND THAT A SELLER HAS DELIBERATELY SUBMITTED A RECALLED ITEM, COVERED UP A STAIN, HOLE, OR OTHER ‘DEFECT’ ON AN ITEM, OR SUBMITTED A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF ITEMS THAT DO NOT MEET OUR QUALITY STANDARDS, THEY BECOME SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM THE CURRENT EVENT AND FROM FUTURE EVENTS **** No adult clothing other than maternity or junior clothing is accepted. We find it interesting that some stores sell items new in a condition that we normally do not accept at this event. We do make exceptions for these high end name brand items in preteen and teen sizes and will accept them at the event as long as they were originally sold in that condition.
Please double check your items to make sure they are stain-free, rip free, have working zippers, clean, fresh smelling, in-style and well presented on hangers. Make sure to button all buttons, snap snaps, tie bows, & zip zippers! Again, all items need to be clean, in style, fresh smelling, season appropriate for the event. Well presented items always sell better!
Junior clothing must be JUNIOR CLOTHING and CURRENT STYLES! No women's clothing will be accepted! Shoes not in excellent condition or larger than ladies size 6 or men’s size 6 will be returned at check-in. Remember, this is a children’s and teen’s consignment sale, not a garage sale.
- Tag your items. Remember your tags need to be printed on cardstock (65lb or stronger) and secured to withstand vigorous shopping! Secure tags to clothing with a high-quality, silver safety pin. Most Dollar Tree's have boxes of safety pins containing 200 for $1.00. DO NOT USE TINY GOLD PINS as they are simply not sturdy enough. PLEASE do not use any straight pins, or staples anywehre on your items! Pin your tag to top left of clothing, (or your right as you are looking at the item) and hang clothing so that the hanger looks like a question mark. Make sure the tag is pinned above the bold black line that is right under the words ‘Kidsignments.’ The bold line is our ‘cut’ like when we remove the tags during check-out. Be sure to check out “Tagging 101” to see pictures of items pinned and tagged the correct way.
- Pin Tags & Tape Tags: We have an AWESOME page (with pictures!!) on how to tag! Click here to read info and see pictures of properly attached “Pin Tags.”
Price and Size your items. The general rule of thumb is 1/4 to 1/3 of the original sales price. Items in excellent condition and name brands can sell for more than items of lesser quality such as those sold at discount stores. Remember, items must be in good condition and free from holes, stains, and excessive wear to be accepted into the sale. Shoes need to be in like new condition with no tread wear or scuffs on the toes. Shoes generally are priced less than clothing (about 20%-35%). Popular toys such as Little Tikes, Step Two, Peg Perego, Brio, etc. can be priced higher. Hard to find items such as double and triple strollers can also be priced more. If in doubt, ask us at check-in. Most of our volunteers have been with us for years and will gladly tell you what similar items have sold for at past sales. When pricing, ask yourself, "Would I buy this for $xx.xx?" If you know the current retail price for your item, write this on the tag in the description area. If the item is not longer available, consider writing 'paid $xx.xx for new' on the tag. Remember, shoppers are looking for a bargain, so price as fairly as you can so your items will have the best chance to sell. Oh, and fyi… shoppers LOVE items without the NR and the 50% off day is usually very packed! Use NR only when you are sure you will not accept any less than what you have asked.
Please do not use S,M, L or pounds on size, only true sizes please. The only exception is maternity and Junior clothing which can be labeled small, medium, large, and x-large. We will have special racks for these sizes. Please price only in 50 cent increments. (Example: $1.00, $1.50, $2.00, $2.50 and so on.) DO NOT use prices such as $1.99. You will be asked to make a new tag with a new price at check-in!
VERY IMPORTANT-Make sure to bring all your items and a self addressed stamped envelope at your appointment time. This is needed to mail you your check and also your entry in the preview night drawings. We will have envelopers for your use at checkin that you can fill out. All you need to bring is a current correct postage stamp for it or current postage amount. If you bring your own stampled envelope, please use a 4 1/8 X 9 ½ Standard envelope (#10). You will need to write your address in both addressee and the return address. Rmember - this envelope is what we use to mail you your check so please make sure to bring it at check-in! If you do not provide the correct size envelope, correct postage amount, return address or seller code notation, your check may be delayed.
If you shop the preview or public sale, please remember that hoarding items is not allowed. Please take only the items from the sales rack that you intend on purchasing. Each shopper is expected to return unwanted clothing to the correct size and gender location. We need your help to ensure each seller is able to display their items and know you would want the same care taken of the items you submitted. We have helpers walking the floor and making note of shoppers who leave unwanted clothing without returning it to the racks and those sellers numbers will be noted at checkout and will not be able to participate in future events. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Note: When you receive your seller's check, you will receive a list with the selling price of each item that was sold, not an itemized list. As a new feature, we now also include the day of the week next to the prices so you will be able to quickly see which says your items sold on! This feature will also help you in future pricing. If you see most of your items sold preview night or on Tuesday… you are probably pricing your items right. If you see that most didn’t sell until mid-week or at the 25% or 50% off days (or not at all) you might consider pricing a little lower the next time around.
And now the fine print…
- We are not responsible for items miss-tagged, lost, damaged, stolen, or destroyed due to fire or other act of God.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL! We reserve the right to refuse to accept any item that does not meet our quality standards or we feel may not sell.
- We also reserve the right to exclude sellers and shoppers from our sale that do not show 'shopping and selling ethics' and those that deter from this event being fair and fun. Translation: If you hoard items, hide things at check-in, or try to buy/sell things in the parking lot, you will be dropped from the mailing list and not allowed to sell with us!